Why We Do It
Aluminium and steel, the metals used to make cans, are permanent materials. This means they can recycle forever, if placed in the right bin.
Not only that, a can made from recycled materials uses 95% less energy. That’s a massive saving, which means the energy saved by recycling just one can could power a mobile phone for a whole day. We love a full battery so we feel these are savings worth recycling for!
In addition to this, most cans are recycled right here in Europe. Reducing the distance they need to travel, which means less CO2 emissions.
The benefits of cans are too numerous to list, but we’ll try:
- Recyclable – Metal recycles forever
- Saves energy – It takes 95% less energy to make a can from recycled cans
- Locally recycled – most cans are recycled right here in Europe
- Light weight – takes less fuel to transport
- Cube capacity – they pack in tighter
- Cool – they cool down quickly, and stay that way for longer
- Segregation – recycling facilities can separate easily
- Unbreakable – they do not shatter
- Sealed – protecting the contents from light
- Portion control – keep count of what you’re drinking more easily
We all know that recycling makes sense, it saves both energy and natural resources. And by using resources in a more sustainable way, we can help reduce our impact upon the world.